My dear friends, so many of you requested my sugar-free/milk free mocha recipe. Let me give you some background on why this became a necessary part of Small Barn Farm, about a year ago, I had a doctor tell me my body didn’t like milk, sugar, eggs or grains. Looking puzzled at him, I replied “what will I eat?” As in I have attempted clean (as in no icky chemicals, no highly processed stuff) eating, but dairy, egg, sugar and grain free eating? What is left? After several weeks of nothing but veggies and meat, this lady decided it the time came to figure a few things out. After all the day starts with coffee AND cream AND sugar — no negotiating. How is a girl to survive without cream and sugar in her coffee?
She gets creative. Creativity breeds new things, new ideas and of course when you start messing with my morning java, well I begin to fear for my family.
I read about bulletproof coffee (basically a 1/2 stick of butter in a cup of coffee). I tried bullet proof coffee . I plugged my nose. I gagged. I tried again. I just couldn’t do it. My reflexes just couldn’t take it. What to do?
So after some experimenting here is what I came up with . . . Cafe Mocha Small Barn Farm style
Ingredients:1 mug of coffee
1- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
1/4 to 1/2 dropper of stevia (use liquid… you will thank me!)
1/2 to 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder
- Brew a cup of coffee. I have this fancy Coffee maker that does one cup at a time and I love it. I use Mocha Pods (click here), but any coffee will work.
- Next I put my brewed coffee in my vita-mix feel free to use a blender
- Then add Coconut oil, Cocoa and liquid stevia (plain or chocolate). (click here for a link to where to buy)
- Then I blend it on a 2 or 3 setting
- Ready to enjoy! Little Menning even begs for this when she sees me making it in the morning. Yummy!
I would love to hear what you think of my Mocha! You can also check out the best coffee makers in 2019 for new and better coffee makers.